Dr. Ruth W. Scott and the Whiteway Animal Hospital Staff welcome you to our site.
The office will be closed for Christmas: December 23rd – 26th, normal business hours will resume on the 27th.
The office will be closed for New Years: December 30th – January 1st
AT THIS TIME WE ARE UNABLE TO TAKE ON NEW CLIENTS. IF YOU ARE AN ESTABLISHED CLIENT WITH A NEW PET WE ARE GLAD TO SEE THE NEW BABY.
Due to COVID-19 we are encouraging those who need us to follow these guidelines – masks are optional…Come in and sign in by the front desk, be sure to leave a cell phone number if you are going to wait in your car. There are limited seats in the waiting room but you are welcome to wait in the waiting room if a seat is available. We are still taking longer between patients due to our cleaning procedures, so even though you may not see another client, it may take a moment as we are likely preparing to see your pet.
Regular Office Hours:
While these are the hours of operation; please realize that there are only a limited number of patients that can be seen during these hours, therefore, we may have to “cut-off” walk-ins well before our closing time.
We are taking appointments during the week – not just on Tuesdays. Tuesday will remain an appointment only day.
- Monday & Wednesday: 8:30 – 11:30 am and 2:00 – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday – by appointment only 8:30 am – 12:00 (Noon)
- Thursday: 8:30 am – 12:00 (Noon)
- Friday: 8:30 – 11:30 am and 2:00 – 5:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Please Note: While appointments are available on Monday Wednesday and Friday, Tuesday is by appointment only.
IN THE EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED IF THE DEKALB COUNTY SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED. During the time of Covid and virtual school – the best policy is to call during our regular hours and see if we are open if there is snow or ice.
If you have the need for medication refills – call the office and leave a message. We will make every effort to have them filled within 48 hours.
If you have an emergency please call St. Francis 404-924-2000.
Please be aware that due to our size we are unable to process pet-insurance claims and we can only provide copies of the notes from the visit that include the pricing for the visit – not itemized statements, as we are not using a computerized system for notes.
- Online Pharmacies: Our office’s online pharmacy is available through the Home Delivery link located below this message and at the top of the screen. Our office is NO LONGER accepting prescription requests from 1-800-PetMeds. Dr. Scott will approve orders through any other online pharmacy, including our own. To view our online pharmacy, please click the Home Delivery Link below or at the top of this page.
- E-Mails: If you have any questions regarding questions about your animal, please email us! If we do not respond within 24 hours, please call our Clinic. You can click the “Email Us” Link below.
- In-Clinic Prescription Refills: If you are in need of a refill that must be picked up directly from our clinic, please call ahead and give our Clinic at least 24 hours notice. If you leave a message, please make sure you leave your first and last name, the name of the pet you wish to pick up medication for and a good call back number.
Please note that we will not fill any medication requests if the animal has not been to our Clinic.